Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, my friends. It’s the time of year where we start thinking about what stops we’ll pull out to impress the one we love.
I used to be the person who absolutely despised Valentine’s Day if I wasn’t dating someone. I was “that” person who dreaded Valentine’s falling anywhere between Monday and Friday and hearing about all the gifts, roses and proposals. Blah. Blah. Blah.
Over the years, I got older (and naturally wiser) and realized that Valentine’s Day could be more than a singles pity party. On the years I haven’t been in a relationship, I leveraged Valentine’s Day as a larger celebration of love for those I care about.
And how better to show just how much you care than with BACON?! C’mon now.
These Valentine’s Day bacon bouquets are the easiest thing to make, and you’ll blow people away with your creativity and foodie DIY skills. I promise. For those of you looking for a memorable Valentine’s Day idea, you can thank me now. Bacon alone may not hold sentimental value (or does it?!), but the fact that you turned bacon into a craft will be unforgettable.
Add this bouquet to your Valentine’s Day brunch as an eatable centerpiece. It will not only be pretty, but pretty tasty.
(2) packages thick cut bacon (each package is approximately 10 slices)
(1) dozen artificial long stemmed roses
Foil lined baking tray
1. Remove rose buds from stems. Most detach quite easily. Rinse and dry the stems.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Trim bacon to remove excess fat. Slices of bacon should be as symmetrical and uniform as possible.
4. Roll bacon tightly from end to end, securing by placing two toothpicks through the center to form an “x”. For a more pleasing appearance, ensure that the more meaty edge is the top of the flower.
5. Place rolled up bacon slices on a cooking rack on top of a foil-lined baking tray.
6. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, longer for crispier bacon.
7. Place bacon buds on washed stems. They should attach easily. Adjust to form robust and lush bouquets!
Pairs Well With…
More Related Content
One Response to “Valentine’s Day Bacon Bouquets”
Leave a Reply