Pairs Well With… Sparkly club soda (and if you’re in Minnesota, a big snowstorm & a night in!)
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Perhaps you need a hostess gift for your upcoming singles brunch or are looking for something with a homemade touch to give to your sweetie. Maybe you’d like to kick back with a cocktail or two while watching a Nicholas Sparks movie. Either way, these infused vodkas are delightful and refreshing.
Plan ahead, as these take 5-6 days to reach perfection.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 glass bottles with toppers (for gifting)
- 3 canning jars (for infusing)
- 3 types of fruit or veggies for infusing (blueberry, raspberry, cucumber)
- 1 bottle (750ml) unflavored vodka
- Twine (optional)
- Cutting board
- Strainer (optional)
- Wash, rinse and dry glass gifting bottles and canning jars. Set aside gifting bottles for future use. We’ll be using the canning jars soon.
- Wash and dry fruit. Cut up if necessary. I chose to use blueberries, raspberries and cucumbers, as they don’t require any dicing, which means less work straining out fruit pieces at the end of the infusion process.
4. Divide 3/4 of the vodka between the three jars. Save the remaining quarter until the end of the infusion process.
5. Place lids on jars and put in the refrigerator. Infuse for 5-6 days, shaking lightly each day. This duration will give the vodka a subtle fruit forward flavor without being too potent.
6. While your vodkas are busy infusing, you can add charm to your bottles! I chose to use twine to create ribbons around the bottle necks.
7. Once done infusing, remove from refrigerator and get ready to pour into gifting bottles. Using a funnel is very helpful. I suggest using a strainer if you see fruit/veggie pieces floating around. The goal is to not carry any of the product over to your gifting bottles. Note: it is normal and expected for your vodka to change color.
8. You’re ready to gift and go!
Be sure to let me know which one is your favorite!
Don’t forget to follow Pairs Well With… for more fun!
More Related Content
9 Responses to “Outstanding Infused Vodkas”
Leave a Reply